Sunday, May 1, 2016

Kentucky Derby!

We are celebrating the Kentucky Derby at work and wouldn't you know it the manager asked ME to head up the decorations and planning!  This is a competition involved with other offices.  We will be judged for the most elegant table, the best hat (for women) and the best dressed for the men with Derby attire.  Another co-worker and I scanned through some images of Derby parties and table decorations.  We found one that we both really liked and with the help of my Silhouette...I worked on my version of the centerpiece!  Below are a few pictures.


 
I hope everyone will like it and it will get us in the "spirit" of the party.  I'm thinking of putting it on a glass cake plate and use black candle holders and a black dinner plate holder all this on a white table cloth with red roses laying around on the table.  Red candles and use silver servers and glass for the food.  We thought finger food would be the easiest and just have to decide that tomorrow!  I will try to get a picture of the table when it is all said and done!  Hope we win the table contest!!

No comments:

Post a Comment