Friday, March 11, 2016

Happy Friday!  I've been trying new techniques and having fun in the process.  I ordered a new Paper Smooches die called Roses.  I LOVE this die.  I saw a picture of a card using this die and fell in love with it.  So I HAD to have it...honestly found it on WalMart.com for the BEST deal!!  Mailed right to my house in just few days.  The card I'm posting was sort of a last minute idea.  I had cut out the die in several different papers to then give the inlayed look on a white outline rose.  So there were all these outlines cut out and I didn't want to waste them, so I made cards out of them.  It was fun to put them together.  Here is a sample:


 
I bought the Hero Arts "Thanks" die/stamp set and cut the word out of white cardstock, then touched it up with a Wink of Stella white glitter pen.  You can't really see it in this picture, I also put a Tim Holz Salty Ocean Distress marker in the Spritzer and lightly sprayed that on the white cardstock, cut a banner out of one of the left over printed cardstock I used for one of the rose cut outs, I loved the blue print on the pink background and then use the turquoise tiny sequins to finish it off!  Simple but sweet!
Several weeks ago I got the Brusho Crystal Color (12 pack) and liked their effects!  I saw Jennifer McGuire use foam sheets to cut with dies and make "stamps" so I tried that with the Hero Arts You're so Lovely stamps/dies.  It Worked!!  I used ink for the base of the flowers and then inked the layer in white and stamped on the base, then cut it out for my card.  I also put a bit of white perfect pearls on the flowers to give them a little shine.  You can't really see it in the pictures.  I was inspired to get the Brusho pack out and water color on a layer to put the flowers on.  Again used the thanks stamp for the sentiment and some tiny sequins to finish it off!  The first picture was taken without a flash but shows how the watercolor came out.  The second picture washes out the color but you can see the glimmer on the flowers and black Wink of Stella on the word "thanks".  On the left side there is a little strip of green like the leaves and then a smaller black strip, and of course the tiny sequins!  Love those little guys!!!

    



Hope you have a blessed weekend!!






   

No comments:

Post a Comment