Friday, February 7, 2014

Miss Terry's Card

Yesterday I found out that a friend's sister had passed away.  She was 90 years old, was a veteran of the Navy and served in World War II.  Miss Terry (as we affectionately call her) called me about some business things, she retired several years ago but we all still stay in touch.  I knew her sister had not been well for some time, and Miss Terry told me that she had passed away last Friday, January 31st.   I wanted to send her a card, so this is what I made for her.  I used a dark gray for the card base, then black and a lighter gray that I put through an embossing folder.  I found some gray ribbon with white dots, so I put that near the bottom, made a bow and placed in the center.  Then I cut white cardstock  2 1/2 x 2 1/2 then dark gray 2 3/4 x 2 3/4 put it together and stamped a butterfly and the sentiment "Deepest Sympathy" underneath using silver ink pad.  I thought it was a little plain, so I added tiny white pearls down the body of the butterfly.  I like how it turned out.  I hope she likes it.



No comments:

Post a Comment