Thursday, January 16, 2014

Happy New Year!

Well I'm getting here a little late, been working and also making some cards and just haven't updated my goings on.  Had a request for a Birthday card for a young man turning 16....so the request was to have a car and keys.....I found a cute cut in Nate's ABC of a boy and dog in a car.  I also found some paper with little cars and started looking through my mountain of scraps.  It came out cute!  For the inside I free handed a fob and key and it turned out better than I thought it would!  Here is the outside:
I used an oval and cut out with the blue to give the "sky" view.....I loved how this turned out!  The inside is cool, too.  I found some numbers that look like a candle and stamped "16" opposite the key and fob.  Here is the picture:
I saw that Locker Talk has a key fob and key.....I just cut out something myself and found some shiny silver for the key and then turned over the paper and used the darker grey for one side to give it depth.  The ring is just some thin wire I use to make action wobbles....saw that on a you tube video and they work great!  Anyway....not too bad!  I did color in the number candles, I hope the lady likes it!
Looking forward to a long weekend, maybe I'll have some time for my craft room!  I'm planning on it!

Have a wonderful day and God Bless!
Rebecca

UPDATE:  The lady liked the card, gave it to the young man with a gift.  He was so excited about it, he looked for her after church to make sure to tell you how much he really liked the card...didn't mention his gift!  HA!  So I was relieved to know that it was a hit!!  Now I have to come up with some 16 cards like it for girls!!!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment