Monday, November 11, 2013

Thanksgiving Cards

Boy!!  I can't believe how time has flown by!  Lots of neat stuff going on and a few bumps in the road, too!  Today was a day off work so I decided to let it be a day to try some new things.  I recently traded cars and I've been wanting to try to cut vinyl with my initials for the back glass.  I played around with some fonts and found something I liked and set it up in Silhouette, watched a couple of You Tube videos on how to cut, burnish and then apply the vinyl.  I took a deep breath and made a go of it!  I was so excited with the way it cut, the ease of getting the process going....and wa-la I now have a monogram that I did myself on my back window!!  I was so excited!!!  Then I had found a couple of quotes and wanted to use it to make a couple of Thanksgiving cards...found it on Kates Cuttables...love this site!  Here is the first one:
I had a chance to go to an Archiver's store my birthday weekend and found the flower stamp and die cut package that I used on the front,  I colored some clear "bling" with brown and added to the 3 corners and used Brown Wink of Stella on the brown words to make it pop!  And on the center of the Sunflower.  Now for the second one front and inside:
                      
I found the leaves and acorn in the Silhouette store and decided to add leaves to the inside, too.  Also used the Brown Wink of Stella and the clear on the words inside and out.  I like how they both turned out, will be adding them to the CardsTV challenge and hope for a set of stamps!!  Yay Mary for her stamps!!  I would love to own all of them....maybe someday!
I hope you enjoyed your Monday and that you remembered the wonderful men and women that have faithfully served our country!  Thanks to all of them!!

God Bless!


1 comment:

  1. Your fall cards are awesome, love your style!
    Thanks for joining us at Cardz Tv Go To Galz Linky Party:)

    ReplyDelete