Monday, April 4, 2016

CardzTV Challenge #5 - 1

I watched a video by Jennifer McGuire showing how she taped off the edges of a card layer, used a sponge to ink colors on the exposed area and then put perfect pearls over the inked portion to make it look like metal.   She used the 3D embossing folders by We-R Memory Keepers for dimension and then decorated with a word or phrase and they were so beautiful.  I had bought a new die (friend) and wanted to give that "metal" trick a try!  I also love butterflies and decided to die cut the one I have for the card.  I cut the layer with the scalloped stitch die and then embossed it with the Quilt 3-D embossing folder and added the two die cuts.  I love how it turned out!  I'm entering this card in CardzTV Challenge #5.  Hoping you are having a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment